gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483919 Posts in 28349 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers November 18, 2017, 01:27:09 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Metroid: Samus Returns comes out in a week!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Metroid: Samus Returns comes out in a week!  (Read 71 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Metroid: Samus Returns comes out in a week!
« on: September 08, 2017, 12:45:03 PM »
For those of you who weren't at E3, it's the year of Samus, apparently, when Nintendo surprised with Metroid Prime 4's logo. ONLY the logo. Metroid fans freaked out in joy because we all though the series was dead. It's being developed for the Switch, no release date at the moment. Not surprising considering they showed us only a logo. XD

And then a remake for Metroid 2--one made from the ground up and doesn't have a 1:1 map, more dangerous Metroids and more--was announced as Metroid: Samus Returns. This game is for the 3DS. I preordered it ASAP, and it'll probably be shipped on the 13th from Amazon and arrive at my house on the 15th.

I'm SO excited. The game brings back so many abilities, including the grapple beam. Funny thing, Nintendo seems to have "forgotten" about Other M and Federation Force because they stated (IIRC) Samus Returns would be the first Metroid in 10 years. MP3 Corruption was released in 2007. ;)
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid: Samus Returns comes out in a week!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 12:14:15 AM »
Methinks the Metroid 2 remake may be in at least partial response to AM2R which they already killed. They probably don't want to be outdone by the fans.

Also "year of Samus"? That's news to me. When they had the year of Luigi it was a far bigger event.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 12:05:36 PM »
Well, it's not the Year of Samus official, but we call it such. :)

AM2R was 100% done and released when it was DMCA'ed. It's a great game, and I have the further versions people have made from the source code (version 1.3.1).

However, Samus Returns is supposed to be from the ground up completely. And from what I've seen from the videos, they made a lot of changes and it will be a very different experience from AM2R.

That said, it's not a response to AM2R. They found out about AM2R while they were developing Samus Returns.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline MottZilla

• Atoned
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Gaiden IV
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 03:41:37 PM »
I ordered the game and am looking forward to playing it, I just haven't felt like diving into it yet. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard about the 3DS remake which seems like it came out not long after it being revealed. Usually it seems like you know about a game long before you can buy it.
Ninja Gaiden IV:
Homepage

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Metroid: Samus Returns comes out in a week!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.134 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx