gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483764 Posts in 28338 Topics by 2461 Members - Latest Member: Kraetyz August 20, 2017, 01:07:04 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  The SNES Classic Edition is coming, and it'll be $80
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The SNES Classic Edition is coming, and it'll be $80  (Read 153 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
The SNES Classic Edition is coming, and it'll be $80
« on: June 26, 2017, 02:39:47 PM »
Ok, I'm sure everyone has already heard, but just in case, the SNES Classic Edition has been confirmed, and at $80. I'd like to see a bigger game list, but the ones that are in it are pretty solid:
Contra III, Donkey Kong Country, Earthbound (yes!), Final Fantasy III (no, it's 6 ;p), F-ZERO, Kirby Super Star, Kirby's Dream Course, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mega Man X (yes!), Secret of Mana (double yes!), Star Fox, Star Fox 2, Street Fighter II Turbo, Super Castlevania IV(yes), Super Gouls 'n Ghosts, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Super Metroid (yes!), Super Punch-Out!!, and Yoshi's Island.

Oh, and, unlike the NES Classic Edition, this one comes with two controllers.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
Re: The SNES Classic Edition is coming, and it'll be $80
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 09:23:42 PM »
No Ninja Gaiden Trilogy?  They suck:^(
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback
eBook

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2015 SEPTEMBER 27
Episode 207: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 1 of 4)!

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 02:40:00 PM »
No Chrono Trigger, either.

Though, there is the DS version (and FF4 has a DS version and a ton of enhanced ports), which is why some people think they left it out.

But Star Fox 2, though.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 08:17:16 PM »
Yeah I heard. After the mess with the NES Classic with lack of availability, I'm not excited for this. Sure it has a solid lineup of games and Star Fox 2, but I'm still too bitter about the BS over the NES Classic. IMO at this point Nintendo isn't selling me anything unless the Switch gets some really cool games that peak my interest. They have a chance, but it's hard to make an argument to me to shell out all that money for a console and games for it when I already have a very capable gaming PC and PC games cover every genre that consoles do....Plus I'm a bit more frugal now as I'm looking to change jobs.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 11:52:28 AM »
GW: Here's my thoughts on it. If you want a Switch, get one (when you have the money and interest). By buying a Switch, you're not supporting this silly and shady procedure Nintendo is doing with the NES and SNES Classic. By NOT buying a SNES Classic, you're basically speaking with your wallet to Nintendo: "I don't appreciate this lack of supply and then cut off."

I never got an NES Classic and I'm not getting a SNES Classic (and there's a possibility of an N64 Classic coming, too) because I don't want to support those shady practices.

The Switch, however, was released at low supply because Nintendo didn't know how well it would sell. When they released the Wii U, they pumped out a lot of the systems, and now, they are probably having a ton left over since it didn't sell well. With the Switch, they were being more cautious.

They underestimated the appeal of the Switch. And I read an article where Nintendo apologized and they are frantically trying to get the components to make enough Switches to meet the demand.

As for third party titles, there are plenty, and more coming (besides Skyrim). When Skyrim for the Switch was announced, hoo boy, I checked the Skyrim subbreddit and EVERY poster now there wanted a Switch, despite how much they have played Skyrim. There's even rumors of mod support for Switch Skyrim. I was expecting high negativity toward it.

There's also Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, Binding of Issac Rebirth, Rayman Legends (coming?), Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (coming), Mario + Rabbids (upcoming) is technically third party since Ubisoft is a part of it, and more. Many third party companies, especially Ubisoft, want to make games for the Switch. Some of these games are enhanced ports (Shantae, Rayman), but others are not.

Now, if you want third party exclusives... I don't see that happening, and I also never saw the appeal of third-party exclusives. For example, Bloodborne, considered a spiritual successor to CastleVania, and like the Souls series, is exclusive to the PS4. I would love to get it for a different console as I don't have the money for a PS4. I'll get one eventually, but third party exclusives are silly IMO as they force (well, if the person really wants it) to buy that specific console.

There is also a Symphony of the Night inspired Metroidvania-like game, involving vampires, coming to the Switch. I forgot what it was called, but it looked awesome.

By Christmas, the Switch is going to have a huge library of first, and third party games. Indies and AAAs.

I understand being frugal, too. I currently have NO source of income, so I can't really buy anything but food... and yet I'm in debt, too (massive) on a closed card. I'm working hard to get into temp agencies, and get SSI, but so far, nothing yet. I'm sure something will peak your interest at some point for the Switch, but I totally understand your frustration at Nintendo with the NES and SNES Classic consoles. Those are money-grabs.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 09:03:29 PM »
And it doesn't even come with Ninja Gaiden Trilogy:^(

At this point, the Classics should include a whole lot more than 20-30 games!
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback
eBook

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2015 SEPTEMBER 27
Episode 207: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 1 of 4)!

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 10:36:31 PM »
I agree, and people are already making their own 'classics' and console minis with Raspberry Pis and tons of games for them (for $70-$100 or even less). I've come to think of NES and SNES classics as just collector's items, and the home brew Raspberry Pi consoles as actual retro gaming devices and I wouldn't mind building one myself someday.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  The SNES Classic Edition is coming, and it'll be $80

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.164 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx