gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483863 Posts in 28346 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers October 20, 2017, 10:01:32 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Guys... come back!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Guys... come back!  (Read 608 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Re: Guys... come back!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 08:12:44 AM »
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Sileem

• Grandmaster
  • Suzuka is no more
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 12:00:45 PM »
I never left ;)

O RLY?

YA RLY

So that Zelda game is preeety good, but, unpopular opinion, I don't like it as much as everyone else. The story telling was pretty weak, dungeons weren't great, and the characters outside of Link and Zelda may as well have no existed (The champions and their counterparts were alright, but once you were done with their story, they might as well have blinked out of the game).

That said, I still put in almost 100 hours and I'm staring at my switch right now, can't wait to get back into it

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 09:26:14 AM »
Ah! My friend, the story is actually quite well-done. In the June 2016 e3 of Nintendo's BoTW showings, they told us the story would be mostly told in the environment of the world (like the destroyed Temple of Time, for example). However, once you piece together all the memories, find the journals in Hyrule Castle, you'll see that Breath of the Wild has a very well made story. Its feeling of 'weakness' is only because they are split apart. Though, I DO think the Rito Race Arc needed major fleshing out: Teba had so much potential to be an awesome character.

Speaking of characters, I dunno how far you've gotten, but the characters are quite memorable, IMO, anyway. Sidon, Kass, Paya, Mipha, Riju--those are probably some of most popular characters in the fanbase. Sometimes, I get the feeling people love Sidon more than Link, ha! In any case, Zelda and Link were not the only memorable characters to me, and I hardly feel like these characters 'blink' out of existence. I feel like you haven't beaten the game yet...

The dungeons, I agree, are not as a great. However, this is a Zelda game that's breaking the conventions, so expecting traditional dungeons that railroad the story is a misleading one. The dungeons are too short, and not dangerous enough; however, their unique design, the ability to control the dungeons, and the fact you have to fight the dungeons first to get in them is all awesome. IMO, they just needed to be longer and have many many more enemies to fight. The bosses were also a little of a letdown (they should scale according to how many dungeons you've beaten in the past, but they don't).

Hyrule Castle, though, is a very satisfying dungeon, and you can raid it as many times as you like for fun, challenge, goodies... there's also a special item in that castle. Won't tell you where, though. ;)

All-in-all, Breath of the Wild is a solid entry in the Zelda Series, and Nintendo has stated it is the new standard for Zelda. Since they made the entire engine, world (the world itself being bigger than Skyrim!), etc. from scratch, I can see them making much better dungeons and a more cohesive story in the next installment.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 10:30:46 AM »
This is a weird Zelda in terms of epic excitement.
Instead, it just sucks you in with wanting to keep replaying it...
I beat the game like 8x now, and keep doing different challenges

Offline Sileem

• Grandmaster
  • Suzuka is no more
    • View Profile
    • Google+
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 06:10:07 PM »
Ah! My friend, the story is actually quite well-done. In the June 2016 e3 of Nintendo's BoTW showings, they told us the story would be mostly told in the environment of the world (like the destroyed Temple of Time, for example). However, once you piece together all the memories, find the journals in Hyrule Castle, you'll see that Breath of the Wild has a very well made story. Its feeling of 'weakness' is only because they are split apart. Though, I DO think the Rito Race Arc needed major fleshing out: Teba had so much potential to be an awesome character.

Speaking of characters, I dunno how far you've gotten, but the characters are quite memorable, IMO, anyway. Sidon, Kass, Paya, Mipha, Riju--those are probably some of most popular characters in the fanbase. Sometimes, I get the feeling people love Sidon more than Link, ha! In any case, Zelda and Link were not the only memorable characters to me, and I hardly feel like these characters 'blink' out of existence. I feel like you haven't beaten the game yet...

The dungeons, I agree, are not as a great. However, this is a Zelda game that's breaking the conventions, so expecting traditional dungeons that railroad the story is a misleading one. The dungeons are too short, and not dangerous enough; however, their unique design, the ability to control the dungeons, and the fact you have to fight the dungeons first to get in them is all awesome. IMO, they just needed to be longer and have many many more enemies to fight. The bosses were also a little of a letdown (they should scale according to how many dungeons you've beaten in the past, but they don't).

Hyrule Castle, though, is a very satisfying dungeon, and you can raid it as many times as you like for fun, challenge, goodies... there's also a special item in that castle. Won't tell you where, though. ;)

All-in-all, Breath of the Wild is a solid entry in the Zelda Series, and Nintendo has stated it is the new standard for Zelda. Since they made the entire engine, world (the world itself being bigger than Skyrim!), etc. from scratch, I can see them making much better dungeons and a more cohesive story in the next installment.

I should say, the mainline story was pretty meh, the story told through the atmosphere and tone were great, would have liked more of the former. 
I did beat the game, and I can't really recall much going on with Sideon, and uh....goronman and birdman after their arcs. Riju at least had the quest for the thunder helm afterwards.
The champions had their little moment at the end, but still not much, hopefully the DLC will add more with them. 

And yes, Hyrule Castle was amazing, might be a top 10 Zelda dungeon for me. Despite clearing it out, I still go back there just for fun.

All things considered, I still like the game quite a bit, just I think its an 8.5/10 when everyone else thinks its a 10/10, and there's nothing wrong with either of those. 

After BoTW and MGSV coming out and being good but not as good as I wanted, I think open world games are just losing their luster with me. 

Anyways, as a side note, went to Symphony of the Goddess last weekend. 10/10 show, I just wish they had more BoTW songs. They only did the main theme. I was hoping they'd at least do a Champion Medley

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Guys... come back!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx