gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483862 Posts in 28346 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers October 20, 2017, 03:39:12 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  I quit my job on the 10th of April.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I quit my job on the 10th of April.  (Read 388 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
I quit my job on the 10th of April.
« on: April 24, 2017, 02:13:47 PM »
This is what I posted at deivantArt that day:

Quote from: Me
So, this may sound alarming, but I resigned from my job. I'm going over there via bus in about 20 minutes to pick up my stuff and return my badge, etc.

What happened is I woke up at 7:45 am this morning, and I was on final warning for Attendance; meaning one more tardy or absence and I'm terminated. I was in a panic, and I contacted my coach and HR rep via email to see if there was anything I could do. My coach responded with "come in as soon as you can and do your best."

Problem was, I was in such a panic that I felt I could not perform well today. I had a prompting--a feeling to call my HR representative. And so, I did. I had a long conversation with him and he was very kind and understanding. He told me they would have to review the situation to see if I was to be terminated and that he couldn't guarantee it would be done before the end of my workday.

And that would have made my anxiety worse. I let him know this, and he suggested--with a very kind and understanding voice--that I might want to resign (quit) my job because it sounded like, to him, it wasn't being very gentle on my mental stress. I told him he was right, and I made the decision to quit. I sent him an email stating in writing that I was resigning.

As soon as I finished my Unemployment Claim and my call with my HR rep... a heavy burden suddenly lifted from my back. I may not get Unemployment due to my circumstances, but if I do, I will get $276 a week... which is over double what I got last year (which was $105 a week).

I feel like I made a good choice. Quitting because it wasn't the right job for me will look better to employers than being terminated due to attendance. And I have options: IT, Technical Writing, or even getting Vampiress of Italy published. I just feel happier, and this company--I love them, just not the job itself--is so much better than Vivint.

When I get over there, I'm going to also get some phone numbers from co-workers so I have some other friends to talk to.

So, this isn't bad news, it's good news.

Correction: My Unemployment Benefits, if I qualify due to medical reasons, is $279/week.

Recently, it's been hard. Cobra was being dumb, and didn't put my case into their 'queue' until the 17th, a week after I left. My company's coverage ended at midnight of the day I quit. Today, I was finally able to apply for Cobra, but they wanted me to pay $600 a month for my health insurance. I've also been very frustrated with my Unemployment Benefits because I told them about my medical condition and they added in a note about Wednesday/Thursday of last week. I needed my doctor to send medical documentation, but the Department of Workforce Services (DWS) didn't provide one. My doctor wrote something up and then this morning, I got a form.

The slowness of Cobra, and my Unemployment group was really agitating.

However, I talked with a broker who set me up with my insurance before I had my company insurance with a group called SelectHealth. We managed to get me signed up for the same insurance I had before (which I really liked), and we got a Subsidy, which made the monthly payment less than $100 a month. And the marketplace originally was going to make it active on June 1st, but for some odd reason, they decided to make it active on May 1st--a week from today.

So, things are turning around for me. I'm also not poor. Frontier paid me enough that I'm sitting on enough money to survive for some time. I pray that I do qualify for Unemployment Benefits, though because, normally, if a person quits without "good cause" (like medical reasons, etc.) they are not qualified for Unemployment Benefits. My medical reasons and documentation give me a higher chance I will qualify and get paid while looking for work.

I chose Technical Writing out of my options I saw. Why? I've taken a Technical Writing class, I understand technology a bit, and my strongest skill is writing. It makes sense to me. I'm meeting with a counselor today to see what options I have to get a certificate or take more Technical Writing classes at a school to improve my skills, or if my current stuff from my Technical Writing class is good enough for a portfolio. The latter is the least likely.

When I got the job back in July of last year, and started training in September, I knew it was the place I needed to be. But by this month, it was time to move on. Besides, this was a "b" job (there's the abc's to jobs. The "a" job, as in, it's a "a" job to get me income. The "b" job is a "better" job. And the "c" job is my "career" job), and I need my "c" job.

I will also publish a book. I have 100% determination to do that. It'll most likely be Vampiress of Italy since that's my most fleshed out book right now. I just need to stop being distracted by Breath of the Wild. :p

So, that's what's been happening in my life.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
Re: I quit my job on the 10th of April.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:06:02 AM »
Good luck finding a better job.  I've been on unemployment, too.  Not fun.  And good luck with your book.  Let me know where I can find it.
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2015 SEPTEMBER 27
Episode 207: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 1 of 4)!

Offline Davers

• Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 11:43:00 PM »
I recently quit my job due to stress of working with a boss who had zero place in the business. It was hard on me and everyone else. I finally told them I was resigning. I gave them about a 10 days notice. Thing is, it was time for me to move on anyways and thus was confirmation for me. I did get a new job which is 1500 miles away. I leave in a week for training out in Arizona and we are moving beginning of June. I'm very happy with the decision and it's better money than what I was making.

So even though it sucks not having a job, maybe it was fate for the door to close so a better "c" job can open up for you. Good luck man!

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »
Yeah, right now I'm having difficulty with the person overlooking my claim. He's cold, has an attitude of "guilty before proven innocent" and his tone suggests I'm trying to work the system. Ugh...

Please pray for me. I really need some sort of income while I'm looking for a job. I cannot starve.
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 01:25:11 PM »
So, update: I was disqualified, and I've appealed. I have no witnesses unfortunately, so I'm going to have to do the best I can.

I have a phone hearing at 2 pm MT on Monday... wish me the best and pray for me.

And if there's anything I can do for you guys, ask.
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 09:15:44 PM »
Good luck.

Do you beta read books? lol

2015 SEPTEMBER 27

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 11:30:13 AM »
I haven't yet. I... might be able to.
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 08:38:38 AM »
So, I got the decision on my appeal.

Denied.

I don't see the point in appealing again.
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 01:30:09 PM »
Sorry to hear that.

2015 SEPTEMBER 27

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 06:53:18 PM »
Sorry to hear that Aegis. I'm looking for a new job myself. The new VP of IT at work is a total douche bag and I've had it with him. I'm still working there until either I find another job (which may be likely in the next week or two) or I can't stand it anymore and have to resign (which is VERY close now).

Even when I find a new IT job, it'll likely only be something to hold me over anyway. I've just about had it with the IT industry and it's been a long time coming but I think it's time to consider changing careers for me.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  I quit my job on the 10th of April.

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.102 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx