gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483927 Posts in 28351 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers December 13, 2017, 07:13:21 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  What's Your Take on Resident Evil?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What's Your Take on Resident Evil?  (Read 182 times)

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
What's Your Take on Resident Evil?
« on: December 26, 2016, 04:19:34 PM »
I've watched people play the Resident Evil games for years.  Now I finally picked one up (4 and Archives) and even beat one.  I definitely favor RE4's free-scroll controls over the others' fixed-camera-angle combat.  Plus, the weapons!  I also liked the storyline of the first few. 

RE4 kind of went off the rails a bit in that regard, though.  First, we go through all these virus-affiliated situations.  Now, we're onto some old creatures?  I don't understand that move.  Maybe they figure, "If event X can happen in this world, why not event Y?"  It's like surviving a zombie apocalypse to discover vampires exist (okay, that's been done, but still).  If they had stated the G-virus came from these Ganados (and maybe the T-virus was a byproduct or prototype to that), that would be one thing.  I like playing it (on round 2 now), but still.

REA?  I like that they remade the original, but it would've been better to give it the overhaul treatment by making it play more like RE4 (i.e. ditch the fixed angles).  Now THAT I would love to play!

I haven't played any of the others, so I look forward to your insights.

Oh, and if you want to discuss the movies, sure.  I thought the first one was very smart (probably the smartest explanation of zombies to date, which I've tried to emulate in my own novel, The Death Doll).  Then the sequel curse came into effect, where everything that followed just declined in quality.  Don't get me wrong; I liked the second and third movies, but they were weaker, and the other movies after just got more ridiculous in their attempts to cram in EVERY DAMN THING from the video games!  I'll check out the last movie next month, but only out of sheer morbid curiosity.

Thoughts?
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2015 SEPTEMBER 27
Episode 207: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 1 of 4)!

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
Re: What's Your Take on Resident Evil?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 12:02:32 PM »
I have a friend who loves the series, but what always steers him to a game in the series is the Survival Horror aspect. His favorite is actually RE4. I haven't played through it but I've watched him play. I had the pleasure of playing co-op with him all throughout five. I must say the action thriller RE is fun, but when it came to punching a freaking boulder, I figured they went over the top.

I still remember how bad and clunky the tank controls were on the previous iterations. This also made the games more challenging for sure.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  What's Your Take on Resident Evil?

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx