gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483862 Posts in 28346 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers October 20, 2017, 03:46:37 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  If you could only have one Console...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: If you could only have one Console...  (Read 257 times)

Offline MottZilla

• Atoned
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Gaiden IV
If you could only have one Console...
« on: December 25, 2016, 12:22:44 AM »
If you could only have one videogame console, what would it be? Say for a long period of time (or forever) you could only have one game console. You get to have all the games available for the console and any add-ons or accessories. Fan translations and homebrew games as well. However you cannot use any unofficial emulators, so for example if you picked the original Xbox you cannot modify it and use emulators to play other consoles' games, or a modded PS3 or something like that. And no "I'll just use my pc cause it can do everything" kind of answers.

So of all the game consoles out there which would you pick to have as your only console? Besides telling us which console explain why you made your choice. It should be a fun topic.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:46:49 PM by MottZilla »
Ninja Gaiden IV:
Homepage

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
Re: If you could only have one Console...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 07:20:37 AM »
PS4 Pro

It'll play current titles and through official digital downloads I'll have access to many older games as well. There's also an official streaming service that'll cover playing PS3 games. Getting the best of both worlds without any unofficial modding. :)

It's also a little forward thinking with some 4K support (albeit not perfect) in case I get a better TV.

Also, unless you're going for something that is exclusive to Nintendo (Mario, Zelda, etc) I'll have access most if not all the big hits when they come out.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 03:54:23 PM »
Sega Genesis Mark 1.

I'm less familiar with the library, and with the original model, I'll be able to play Sega Master System games as well.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 05:21:46 PM »
Oh gosh... no, please. Please no. Don't make choose.

DS has FF4 DS, Izuna games, and more; a good plus there. The 3DS can play those games and has ALBW and a VC. But my Vita has Muramasa and Dissidia! ARGH! Y U do this to me?! D:
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 03:38:17 AM »
Nintendo Switch ;)

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 12:29:39 PM »
I would have only the SNES or Super Famicom under the one condition that all games were localized for English.

I've spent so much time in the past and present playing games that hit shores and ones with fanlations. I still have a ton to go.

Offline MottZilla

• Atoned
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Gaiden IV
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »
I would have only the SNES or Super Famicom under the one condition that all games were localized for English.

I've spent so much time in the past and present playing games that hit shores and ones with fanlations. I still have a ton to go.

I edited the original post to clarify that whatever system you pick would allow for you to use any fan translations available. So if you picked SNES/SFC you would be able to play Seiken Densetsu 3 and other games in English.

I'm wondering if anyone is serious about picking a modern console like the PS4 Pro or Switch. Would you really want that as your only console? If I were to pick one console I can't say I'd pick the Xbox One or PS4. While I do enjoy modern games I think I'd have to go with something older. I'm surprised so far no one picked the Playstation 2. It has a pretty vast library and reasonably good compatibility with PS1 titles. But which would you want to go with? The really large library of games or would you go with a smaller one that has certain games you view as gems? I know many people view the DreamCast as having a quality library but it isn't a very big one.

Kaiser Infinity, if you picked the Sega Genesis then you'd be able to have the Power Base as well as the Sega CD, Sega 32X, the Menacer lightgun, etc. So you would pick it but you're not that familiar with the library? So you'd want to pick something fresh? I'd be somewhat in the same boat as I'm not as well versed with the Genesis library as I am SNES. But I know there are many excellent titles. Plus you would have the add-ons and there was good stuff for the CD and 32X.

Magi_Hero, I certainly could see picking the SNES. It's got quite a nice library. Super Mario World, SMW2 Yoshi's Island, Super Mario All-Stars, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario RPG. That's some seriously great Mario titles. Then you have the likes of Mega Man 7, Mega Man X, X2, X3. Super Castlevania IV, Contra III, TMNT IV, Sunset Riders. Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat II. Super Metroid, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy IV, V, VI. Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3. And ofcourse much more. So you have a lot of titles and many excellent ones. It's one of my favorite systems of all time.

I think I'd probably be picking either the SNES or PS2. The PS2 would have a bigger library available. But it'd be a really hard choice to make.
Ninja Gaiden IV:
Homepage

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 10:54:45 PM »
PS2 would have to be a solid 2nd or 3rd. That mixed up with possibly the N64.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 12:07:42 AM »
PS2's a strong contender, but I dunno. I feel like I've played more of that library than either the SNES of the Genesis, if you can believe that. And I know I've played more SNES than SEGA, so if you put me on a deserted island with a windmill and a gaggle of old SEGA hardware, I'd die knowing I played some sweet gems I didn't know about beforehand.

The first one I'd play that I know of is Alien Soldier. That game looks incredible.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  If you could only have one Console...

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.144 seconds with 18 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx