gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483764 Posts in 28338 Topics by 2461 Members - Latest Member: Kraetyz August 20, 2017, 01:02:36 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  NIntendo switch, gaming on the GO
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NIntendo switch, gaming on the GO  (Read 636 times)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
NIntendo switch, gaming on the GO
« on: October 25, 2016, 01:54:37 AM »
With most of you being busy in life, you excited for the Nintendo Switch, as it will give you that console experience at home or on the go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Re: NIntendo switch, gaming on the GO
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 07:54:44 AM »
Now, I know I'm excited for the Switch, but...

With most of you being busy in life, you excited for the Nintendo Switch, as it will give you that console experience at home or on the go!

Seriously, you sound like you're part of Nintendo's Marketing Department. :P
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:50:41 PM »
Indeed, I'm not interested in their 'gaming on the go'. Seriously, it's been done, and done again, over and over again. I don't care about people playing two player side by side at the park where another couple can join in with their Switch. When I'm out, I'm not out for gaming. I'm out to go to work, run errands, get away from home, take a break from gaming, etc.

Also, not impressed with the name. I'm a Network Admin. To me, 'switch' means network switches. If they wanted to be lame, they should've gone with Nintendo Dock or something like that instead. :rolleyes:
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 09:14:57 PM »
Indeed, I'm not interested in their 'gaming on the go'. Seriously, it's been done, and done again, over and over again. I don't care about people playing two player side by side at the park where another couple can join in with their Switch. When I'm out, I'm not out for gaming. I'm out to go to work, run errands, get away from home, take a break from gaming, etc.

Also, not impressed with the name. I'm a Network Admin. To me, 'switch' means network switches. If they wanted to be lame, they should've gone with Nintendo Dock or something like that instead. :rolleyes:

Would you have preferred the "Wii Switch?" :p

Honestly, I think it's a good name. Simple and practical; it tells you what it does. The word "Wii" never told me what a Wii did. And the title "Wii U"? So... that does...?

Just sayin'.
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 08:05:31 PM »
Personally I've never liked 'Wii' either. I know it was supposed to tie in to all the group fun activities while playing games, but I primarily play single player games so all that marketing hype about getting friends and family together to play games never meant anything to me. Then on top of that, the single player games weren't compelling enough for me to want to get a Wii. Sure there's always Mario, Zelda, etc, but outside nostalgia from when I was a kid, they just don't mean enough to me to sell a console. Also, there are plenty of alternatives to what those two franchises have to offer. Plus if I'm feeling nostalgic, there's always emulation of the classics and their NES Classic Edition which is due out soon enough.
DDOEQ2

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 04:20:07 PM »
I think it's a neat irony that, thanks to advancing smartphone tech, we're finally getting a home Nintendo console that uses cartridges instead of discs.

Who knows what it'll mean for the kind of software it'll ship with. We already have Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, so what's next?
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 07:37:40 PM »
Cartridges are good and all, and I'm glad to see them coming back after having to deal with scratched/bad discs for so long when you have to mod the console to play a burnt backup copy of a game you own because the original discs are bad. Still, I think it's more likely to see more a shift toward digital downloads at some point. I'd rather have a physical copy of my games so I can play it even after the companies that own them go out of business, but outside of the Switch using them, I don't see wide adoption happening for a while. Microsoft and Sony are more likely to move more to digital downloads over physical copies and even if they did use flash storage, they're going to let the developers continue to make their own physical copies instead of taking Nintendo's route.

As for the games for the Switch, I'm hoping to see some interesting turns for their franchises. What they're doing with Zelda looks very promising, but I'm hoping the final Switch version gives it a reason to be on the Switch and not just a port from the Wii U. With the extra power, they can take 3D Mario games to a new level with enormous worlds to explore in the Mushroom Kingdom and they can add much more to Star Fox, Metroid, etc with more to explore and do.
DDOEQ2

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2016, 07:52:44 PM »
I heard rumors (and there was some gameplay video footage) that Skyrim Special Edition MIGHT come to the Switch. We're not 100% sure yet, though because there have been arguments over whether the footage was real or not.

I'm also excited, GW, and I do hope BoTW for the Switch isn't a port. Regardless if it isn't or not, I'm probably going to cancel my pre-order of BoTW Wii U version and get a Switch and its BoTW instead.
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 12:47:14 PM »
I'm hoping the footage was real and that the game will be playable on the Switch. It would prove that the Switch at least has some power to it. Still, since it's not a Nintendo game, I don't know how much Nintendo's going to push it.
DDOEQ2

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2016, 08:57:57 AM »
I'm not going to lie. Nintendo has finally gotten me interested in one of their consoles again (The NES redux doesn't count, obviously). However, they're gonna hjave to earn my cash, especially given my current condition. The Switch needs to be durable, have a decent battery life, and have more than just a few 3rd party games that I would like to actually own. I'm a PC gamer, and that's not going to change, but if enough functionality outside of gaming is planned out for this system, I may eventually get one.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 01:13:36 PM »
Capcom's thinking of bringing its multiplat games on PS4/One to Switch: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/capcom-considering-bringing-ps4xbox-one-games-to-n/1100-6445171

More interesting is the list of partners they have signed on.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:15:20 PM by Kaiser Infinity »
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 06:58:47 PM »
If Konami is bringing a Castlevania game to it, I'm definitely interested. Hopefully it'll be a re-reboot, though, and something mostly 2D. I dunno what other games I'd like to see. But easy web browsing and possibly some sort of note taking (I'd love a good dictation taker on the go) would be a big want
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 07:52:08 PM »
Hmm...The switch may make me want to go back to Nintendo for the first time in a long time. The list of third parties looks promising, but I'm still holding out until I see the games they put on the switch. It'd still be nice to connect a console instead of a custom gaming rig to the TV in what will be my new house next year (or the year after depending on money). If we can return to a time where 3rd party support is overwhelming to the console, it would be much more appealing to me. I am happy to see Level 5, Atlus, and Criware on there too. :)
DDOEQ2

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2016, 10:50:32 AM »
If Konami is bringing a Castlevania game to it, I'm definitely interested. Hopefully it'll be a re-reboot, though, and something mostly 2D. I dunno what other games I'd like to see. But easy web browsing and possibly some sort of note taking (I'd love a good dictation taker on the go) would be a big want
That's... the sad news, Rowan.

Konami killed CastleVania months ago; they stopped making games in the series IIRC. :( I also read recently that they shut down a fan 3D-remake of Castlevania 1. From the screenshots, it was still a side-scroller, but... basically 3D.

Hmm...The switch may make me want to go back to Nintendo for the first time in a long time. The list of third parties looks promising, but I'm still holding out until I see the games they put on the switch. It'd still be nice to connect a console instead of a custom gaming rig to the TV in what will be my new house next year (or the year after depending on money). If we can return to a time where 3rd party support is overwhelming to the console, it would be much more appealing to me. I am happy to see Level 5, Atlus, and Criware on there too. :)

It does seem like 3rd party support is returning. I really hope Skyrim Special Edition IS confirmed for the Switch. That'd be cool! Though, it'd be in competition with Zelda Sky--I mean Breath of the Wild. ;P
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2016, 07:45:48 PM »
I hope Nintendo makes a lot of Switch consoles to keep up with demand when it launches. I know there are die hard fans out there that'll camp outside the store to make sure they get one on launch day and I know there are a lot of regular fans who won't mind waiting for when there's availability to get the console. However, looking at how badly they handled supply for when the NES Classic launched, I wouldn't be surprised if they have the same problem with the launch of the Switch as this is yet another lesson they seem to continue to ignore.
DDOEQ2

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  NIntendo switch, gaming on the GO

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.14 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx