gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483720 Posts in 28335 Topics by 2460 Members - Latest Member: Gary June 28, 2017, 12:11:58 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Nice, this place is still here!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Nice, this place is still here!  (Read 559 times)

Offline Deuce

• Royalty
    • View Profile
Nice, this place is still here!
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:40:56 PM »
Hi there, not sure what prompted me to visit. I haven't thought about this places for ages. I am glad it is still here.

How is everyone? Many people still here? How are your lives?

Mine is great. I close to my mid thirties, I'm settled into a great career where I am respected and my mind is always being challenged. We've been home owners for ten years and will be married for ten years this summer. We have one beagle.

I've taken up cycling and have become quite good at the sport. I've won two races in 2015. It's a huge part of my life. This year I am training for my first triathlon. Should be interesting. My health is extremely good. I feel better at 34 than 24!

Gaming isn't a big part of my life anymore. I still have an interest in the history and whatnot, just not an interest in playing. However, I do use Zwift for my indoor cycling training (google it, really great simulation)

Let me know how you are all doing!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 12:48:30 PM by Deuce »

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Re: Nice, this place is still here!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »
Yay! Deuce! It's great to see you!

Wow, congratz on the home and the races.

As for me, I'm still a big gamer, though, I'm trying to curb the amount of time I spend playing games a day. I'm also still into writing (I got a new novel idea since you were gone), and I've gotten better. I have a friend in my guild (Guild Wars 2), who has a friend with a BA in English. He told me that I write better than him. o.o

Anyway, as for me, I worked at RadioShack for over a year, and then on the 7th of January (this month), we were notified that our store would be closing as of the 25th. The mall didn't renew our lease. The 28th was the last day I was employed (I helped clean up the store). We had no liquidation sale, instead, we had to send out all our product to other stores. It sucked really.

Now, I've filed for unemployment and am entering a workshop called "Work Success" at the Department of Work Force Services. They have an 80% job placement rate within 1-2 weeks. It's eight hours a day of job hunting, but they teach us tricks and help us with other things. As long as I work hard, I'll get a job. I'm aiming for an entry-level IT job as I found I don't enjoy web design as much. I would like to do Corporate IT primarily to learn to build computers, but I know Corporate IT does more than that. I'll start this program on the 1st of Feb.

I'm hoping to get a 5 day a week full-time job with Saturdays off. My job at RadioShack was part-time, and barely earned me enough money to survive. Plus, it took away my Saturdays, so my social life with my friends dropped. Granted, they do other things during the week, but Saturdays are always my favorite because it's table-top RP day. I get to go today (hey, I have no work!). :)

I had a girlfriend at one point, but we've broken up. It was sad, but after leaving her I released that she and I would not have made a good married couple; we would have been competing with and not completing each other.

Anyway, that's probably all you missed from my life. XD
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 01:54:18 PM »
Good to see you, Deuce! There aren't many members still around, but I'm working on it.

Congrats on the wins in cycling. I know my heart would never allow me to get into that great a shape, but I've been working on it here and there. Diabetes is a pain.

As for interest in actually PLAYING games, that comes in spurts for me. I'm more into the processes of MAKING them, personally. ;)
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 10:54:16 PM »
Always nice to see more oldbies popping back in to say hi. Welcome back Deuce.

Things are looking up for me now, and with a little hope and some elbow grease, I'll be heading for better shape in my 30s like you. Lost weight down from 200lbs on a low carb diet, and I'm getting back into running and watching some anime, like the good old days. Keeping a modest gig as a web developer at my alma mater for the time being, and while I'm here I'll probably advantage of tuition reimbursement and get my masters'. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to doing more fun stuff I haven't been making the time for: reading, gaming, drawing, taking up guitar, and making a videogame. The only downside is I don't make it a priority to hang out with friends at all; I usually just hang with my family and have the rest of the time to myself. Just another phase for me, I guess, but I'm enjoying myself all the same.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 09:45:30 PM »
Very happy to see you, Deuce!

I'm in Arizona.  I'm now an Army instructor.  I've written four novels and several scripts, though haven't sold a single one.  Squishy's 14 and now going by the GU handle Ice Punch, and now we're adopting four more kids.  Haven't done spriting or comics in ages.  I gained, lost, gained, lost, and gained weight; trying to lose it again.
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback
eBook

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2015 SEPTEMBER 27
Episode 207: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 1 of 4)!

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 09:37:20 AM »
Your Squishy's on GU?
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 07:35:04 PM »
Yes, she made a Hi thread, and a few posts now

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 10:01:51 PM »
Welcome back Deuce! Glad things are going well for you. :)

I'm also doing well. I finished off my college loans last year which is about 10 years early compared to making the minimum payments (loans were expected to be repaid in 20 if I did the minimum). With that financial burden off my back this year I'm rebuilding my finances and going to start looking to buy me a house (I don't ever want to have to rent again). In rebuilding my finances I'm also looking to payoff my car loan early this year which would actually make me debt free for a while until I either get the house or get a new car (my Jeep is about 7 years old now and approaching the 100,000 mile milestone and already starting to need more frequent trips to the mechanic).

I'm doing well at work, working as a Network Admin but I work for a non-profit credit union so I don't make as much as I could be making at a regular for profit company (I make a little less than $50K compared to industry average of $70K to $100K). Nonetheless, I still like my job even though it's a lot of hours at times so I'm staying there. I could probably get a higher paying job elsewhere but I'm making good enough money to support myself and help out my parents when they need it and I do like what the credit union does for its members so I'm hoping to stay there for quite some time. Sometimes feeling good about what I do at work is more important than the extra money. :)

I'm still single and don't have a g/f, but I'm OK with that. Someday I'll find the right person and the companionship would be nice, but I'm so used to fighting my own way through life and I'm much happier now in general compared to before I moved down here that it's just not a big priority for me.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Cyclone

• Higher Power
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zcnetwork.net
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 04:20:55 PM »
I hear ya Deuce, I am always surprised it's still here.  I really would like to see things pick up here again, I'd surely be around more myself if something interested me.

Sig. image courtesy of Chayy.

Sephiroth: How do I edit the first bullet bill so it's fire rate is less rapid
inori: Well, first you die. Then its fire rate goes down to zero.
Marrshu: No actually it continues firing

GU Award Winner of Best Moderator (early 2004) and Best Global Moderator (rest of 2004).

As a general rule. don't solve puzzles that will open a portal to hell. It will ruin your day.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Nice, this place is still here!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.29 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx