gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483856 Posts in 28345 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers October 19, 2017, 02:25:43 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  Downtime
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Downtime  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Re: Downtime
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2016, 06:02:16 PM »
Even private attacks can fuel the fire. No, this has to stop now.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2016, 08:19:31 PM »
Enough. Pointing blame on anyone is not going to help matters. We are ALL to blame. The simple truth of the matter is GU stopped giving most people a reason to come back.  I can agree to some arguments on both sides, but there really is no point. This outburst, from both of you, shows exactly the type of mentality I've been trying to get people away from here at GU. I meant every word when I said if you want to trash people, get the hell off my site and go to GameFAQs,

Now, to show we can be adults around here - no, I'm not gonna ask for a group hug - I'll give you both a few wotfd. KoH, you feel like you were suddenly attacked out of nowhere. Has it occurred to you what aliem held back even now, much less back in the day? You had volunteered to do a lot of the scripting for the quest pack thingy for OZ, and never showed anything of it. How do you think that made others involved in the project feel? But that's in the past. Leave it there. If you want to help the site, find something you can do for the site yourself, not just throw ideas out. We ALL need to do that.

aliem. aliem, aliem, aliem. REALLY great to see you. (There's a lost password function somewhere, btw, and you also have me on the Book of Faces). Please don't be negative towards other people on the forum. I'm not exactly one to talk, as I've lashed out at KoH myself, but yeah...even I wouldn't have gone that far. While he's not been very dependable in the form of contributions of late, he's still a GU member. We're supposed to be putting the fun back in dysfunctional, right?

Honestly, we all need to work on our collective criticism. Instead of bashing ideas, we should be working outalternatives or adding to them.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2016, 09:37:02 PM »
I don't remember volunteering to do "A lot" of the scripting.
I just wanted to help "a Bit".
Maybe I should of made it clear back then, that I did not want to be dedicated for anything "major"

I was working with Kouruu as well, but he didn't exactly help me much.
Not blaming him, he did what he could.
I just wanted to fill in some voids. I was willing to allow anyone to take over any of my projects.

I actually had more interest in keeping the forums clean, and helping any members that I could.

The way it sounds, is I was expected not only to handle the quest pack with no help, but also to maintain the website as best as I could.
Too much pressure was put on us little guys.

When we were hoping Kronuz(I think that was the name), Lukex, Redteam, Littlebuddy, Aliem would help to.
Not blaming you guys either in this case!

That's a problem in general for GU. Too much is expected from 1 person
We were not even getting payed, just being yelled at for any work we did not do!
I did not realize I was signing up for a full time job back then. I would of never volunteered in the first place!

It would be like being pissed at (The user that did GURadio) or (The user who made Project Aura) for no longer supporting it.
There's no reason to ever be mad at a volunteer. Any work that is done should be appreciated.
If you are not happy with the progress or results. Then all you can do is to find a replacement, or do it yourself.

Let's take "GU Reporter" as a more recent example.
Should we blame "Sophia" and/or "Zeo" for not making a ton of articles?
They volunteered, right?
The answer is absolute not in any way!
I would not care if they "promised". If they are doing this with their own free time, and for no money. Then there's no point in blaming them in the slightest!
I appreciate those few articles they put out in the first place!

I don't know about you guys, but every now and then, I send friendly PMs to the new users.
Unfortunately, I think all the new users are bots, so, it doesn't really help sadly.

I try every now and then with little things, but I, nor any other member should be soul responsible for increasing activity.

-----------------------------------------
Aliem, if you got more to say, PM it to me.
Let's just end this, and let the past go!

---------------------------------
For ideas, like I said before, this place really lacks on the gaming.

Gaming threads (It's not doing too bad), gaming articles (would really need to personally interview a developer for this to work), gaming comics (M-Bass & Guardian if they want), game programming (Shame we got none for this category), Gaming Podcast, Let's Plays, Glitches, Tutorials, Contests, Gaming League, Gaming Friends, ETC

We can not do all of these, nor should we expect a lot of dedication. However a little here, and a little there would make this place look a bit like a "Gaming Forum"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 11:15:59 PM by KingOfHumans »

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2016, 02:54:53 AM »
We are mincing words at this point, but in the case of your involvement with the OZ quest pack, the operative word I used was anything. If you were expected to write it all, yes, you were expected to do too much, but something is better than nothing. I'm sure there is a possibility that someone might have been interested in helping if something was shwn. Some progress. I'm not saying that you did nothing, but you nrvrt shoerd anything to show that you were at least trying to help the project's quest pack initiative support.

The same can be said of aliem's work as an admin. While you claim to have seen nothing, we both were working in the background, trying ti get something working for GU.

Be that as it may, it's in the past. leave it there. We will get something worked out, in due time, for the site. But the number one rule here is to be nice. That alone is a major undertaking, and will be a great thing to keep people here, once they visit.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2016, 06:56:16 PM »
You OK with everything, as I noticed GU went down for 15 days.

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2016, 12:44:38 PM »
It still won't die!

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2016, 03:05:52 PM »
I hope you are not paying full price for this month, because it's unbelievable how much it went down

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2016, 12:50:49 PM »
Money problems.

It still won't die!
You want it to die? *glare*
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2016, 08:28:54 AM »
I've been through some rough times. My eyesight is very bad, and without insurance, it may not be fizable. As such, I've been unable to obtain a job, because I can't see as well up close, and far away details are a no go. So I'm looking for a way to make a living from home that is feasible for me. Got my work cut out for me.

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »
Ouch!
Once again, if you are tight on money, and if GU is not making enough on ad revenue, you might have to let it go.

either way, good luck, hope things work out for you, somehow!

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2016, 11:37:42 AM »
I'll take on the payments.  Get with me and I'll send them.  I don't care how sad anyone would think it; this place is a home for us and it should stay.
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2015 SEPTEMBER 27
Episode 207: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 1 of 4)!

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2016, 01:19:32 PM »
I'll take on the payments.  Get with me and I'll send them.  I don't care how sad anyone would think it; this place is a home for us and it should stay.

Hear, hear! Can you tell Rowan this on our Facebook group/page?
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  Downtime

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.199 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx