gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483919 Posts in 28349 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers November 23, 2017, 09:31:58 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  GU Reporter  |  Cover Story  |  Minecraft arrives on Xbox One, PS Vita, PS4 in August.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Minecraft arrives on Xbox One, PS Vita, PS4 in August.  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Sophia

• The Greatest Robot in the World
  • Editor
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
Minecraft arrives on Xbox One, PS Vita, PS4 in August.
« on: May 22, 2014, 05:38:47 PM »
Mojang, the creators of Minecraft, announced today that the next-gen console versions will be arriving in August. On Xbox One  it will cost $19.99, and those who own the 360 version will be offered the upgrade price of $4.99 as well as the option to transfer their saves forward. Likewise, those who own the PS3 version of Minecraft will receive the Vita version for no extra cost (Cross-buy!), and will be able to upgrade to the PS4 for $4.99. Standalone, the PS3/Vita version and the PS4 version will be $19.99. Most DLC for last generation console versions will transfer over to the next generation versions, except for those with licensing issues. The Xbox One and PS4 versions will not be cross-platform online with the earlier versions, due to the bigger world sizes available.

Source
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 05:41:10 PM by Sophia »

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft arrives on Xbox One, PS Vita, PS4 in August.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
Other than bigger worlds, is there any advantage offered by the new versions?

Offline Sophia

• The Greatest Robot in the World
  • Editor
  • Grandmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 03:23:31 PM »
The streaming and sharing functionality offered by new consoles, but that's it basically. For the hardcore players tho, being able to have worlds as big as the PC version is a pretty big deal.

Offline Lethes

• courage
  • Executive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 12:08:44 AM »
I agree, having the old version on the 360 world boundaries are a horrible trouble to deal with and make the game 80% less fun. Fortunately, I got the PC version in alpha so at least i don't have to worry about paying for updates for that. Personally, though I think the next gen versions are kind of over-priced, but I'm sure it won't stop some people.
face your fears

The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  GU Reporter  |  Cover Story  |  Minecraft arrives on Xbox One, PS Vita, PS4 in August.

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx