gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483856 Posts in 28345 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers October 19, 2017, 02:25:16 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  Tasty upgrades on the server and a little downtime
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tasty upgrades on the server and a little downtime  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Tasty upgrades on the server and a little downtime
« on: May 20, 2015, 10:16:38 AM »
SO I was planning on using the server for preliminary work on a completely seperate project, when I discovered that my server was using PHP 5.2.14 or so. After extensive rime talking to tech support, the site getting , which...doesn't really mean a whole lot here. I also ran a quick yum update yesterday, getting the server's minor bits updated, in the process. I hope this will help solve some of the issues with connections and the server just not loading at all for some people.

Carry on!
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
Re: Tasty upgrades on the server and a little downtime
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 02:06:06 PM »
I can see the forums now!

It was a few days of upgrade messages for me. O.o

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 02:36:39 PM »
Yeah, I had upgraded to the newest SMF a few days ago and forgot it doesn't automagically turn off Maintenance Mode. Sorry about that... :/
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 09:54:26 PM »
That's a bit surprising. Is 5.2.x even still getting updated? I haven't seen it in the repos on any of our Linux servers at work in any of our current distros.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 11:27:07 PM »
I never looked into it. They pissed me off when they cut the server off yesterday after having an outage for over a day. I might look into a new host after this. I was not impressed with having to inform them that my site was down when they were already experiencing issue with a LOT of others. Btw, fun note: they have a server named batman

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 06:52:59 PM »
LOL, when I name servers at work, I also use character names like that. It's actually for security. If our network ever gets compromised the hackers will need to do some extra work to find out what all the servers do in order to find out where to attack. It does slow them down a whole lot, but anything to make them do more work is what we aim for to give us more time to kick them out and close the hole they got in with. Plus is much better than boring naming conventions and the like. :)

The problem with having to inform them that the site was down is pretty typical. Unacceptable, but typical. You'd think they'd at least email you or text you to let you know the server the site is one is having problems so you'd be aware if the site is impacted in any way.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  Tasty upgrades on the server and a little downtime

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.224 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx