gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483919 Posts in 28349 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers November 18, 2017, 01:21:43 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Museum  |  The Nostalgic Critic has ended!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Nostalgic Critic has ended!!!  (Read 1769 times)

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
The Nostalgic Critic has ended!!!
« on: September 20, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »
You heard right, the Nostalgic critic has made his final episode and his character was killed off in the latest yearly film.

The website has not ended, the partners has not ended, and doug himself has not quit. Just the character himself has been killed. He will be doing some other type of skit with a larger production. Not sure what he will do exactly..most likely reviews, but I'm assuming. Either way, this is kind of sad for me because I loved that character and sad to see him go.
Doug just felt it's time to move onto a new project.

Thoughts? Opinions? Etc?

Offline xainy

• Moe~
  • Scholar
  • can't find the exit...
    • View Profile
Re: The Nostalgic Critic has ended!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 02:47:55 AM »
I hadn't watched NC in years, but this news saddens me somewhat. :( It's good that Doug will still be out there releasing something, though, he seems like a cool cat.

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:24:11 PM »
That didn't take long.

It's nice that he's going to a bi-monthly release schedule, and will be working with more recent films.  I never got into Demo Reel, and Nostalgia Chick just doesn't cut it for me; she always came across to me as just super pretentious.

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 03:34:35 PM »
I like the nostalgic chick but she can't replace NC.
Also the actors from demo reel were used in this new episode of the NC. I'm glad he found a place for them, I really liked these actors.

Offline Guardian

• The Power of Crazy!
  • Owner
  • Higher Power
  • Take me back to the Mother Ship!
    • View Profile
    • Guardian's Lair
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 06:31:38 PM »
I like Nostalgic Chick better, especially her Smurfette Principle video.

AND SHE'S PAAAAAANK!
Read my novel, The Death Doll:
Paperback, eBook, or Audible

Latest Fight Comix Release:
2015 SEPTEMBER 27
Episode 207: Filler: Mission Brief 3 (Part 1 of 4)!

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 11:28:59 PM »
UPDATE:
NCrititic has been back for the longest time now
NChick sucks now and doesn't bother making videos

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 04:32:53 PM »
Sometimes it's better for things to die, so you can remember them more fondly in the future.

The more I hear about Channel Awesome these days, the worse it seems to be. The only YTer/reviewer I even keep up with now is JonTron, but even he's neither as fun nor informative to watch as Chief Shinya Arino of Game Center CX. Everyone besides those two just seem like pretentious tryhards or overthinkers, even on the NormalBoots team. JonTron gets a pass because he's genuinely funny, if a little obnoxious, but at least he has the good taste not to mix hot-button social commentary with entertaining people on the subject of videogames, like MovieBob or Sterling. Thankfully he leaves that sort of commentary on his Twitter. Yahtzee I haven't kept up with, but I wouldn't mind stopping by the Escapist one of these days and checking out what snippy commentary he has to say about the latest gaming news, and in less than 5 minutes.

The worst is the AVGN, who has sadly only gotten less funny as time stretched on. He got to make his movie, but it was awful, and the AVGN episodes he'd done before and since are just terrible imitations of how funny he used to be. I get more out of watching James and Mike Mondays or Mike Reviews than I do watching the AVGN trying to crap himself with anger. I miss his retrospective videos like the Castlevania series, Nintendo Power, or even Double Vision. Those he really had fun with, and didn't force himself to get angry or make reviling comments as much as he's done recently.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 03:50:06 PM »
Honestly, I don't waste my time with this type of stuff. The original TMNT NES review was the only AVGN episode I watched, and that was on a whim while breaking from something. I've never even heard of these other people.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Kaiser Infinity

• Ascended
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 08:43:57 PM »
Of his old reviews, that one's probably my least favorite. The first ones I'd seen were his Bible Games review, and I got a kick out of that one.
~Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.~

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 11:24:07 AM »
I got bored of Doug's videos. I guess I ran out of things he's reviewed that grabbed my attention.

When it comes to AVGN, I still watch his weekly videos.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Museum  |  The Nostalgic Critic has ended!!!

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.138 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx