gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483856 Posts in 28345 Topics by 2463 Members - Latest Member: Gobers October 19, 2017, 02:24:37 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  Permission messup (hopefully) solved
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Permission messup (hopefully) solved  (Read 7151 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Permission messup (hopefully) solved
« on: June 30, 2012, 01:33:29 AM »
While creating the board for the weekly polls, I somehow managed to make it impossible for users to start a new topic. I've hopefully fixed the issue. If not please send me and/or Janus a PM and we'll get back to work on getting it working. I need to look at the permissions system again and look at how I'm going to have things set up.

BTW, if anyone has an issue that they want addressed, feel free to PM an admin about it to get it discussed at the least.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Re: Permission messup (hopefully) solved
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 11:21:30 AM »
Dang it. I can't make new threads again. :( Anywhere, except the Gaming Lounge. But, I can't lock, sticky or move topics. >_<
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:20:56 PM by Aegis Runestone »
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 12:30:57 PM »
Try now.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 01:01:28 PM »
Okay! I can post now. But I can't move topics, or lock them. I can split a topic, though.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 09:30:21 PM »
A quick warning: After running into issues with permissions again, I'm going to rebuild them from the ground up, tonight. So if you lose some functionality in the meantime, that's why. I'll post again once I've finished so ya'll can start throwing the "I can't post!" and "I can't etc!" posts at me...preferably without accompanied knives. ;)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 01:32:03 AM »
Ok, I think I have everything. Anyone having issues with seeing boards they are supposed to have access to ot not being able to post, let me know about it via PM.

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 03:10:23 PM »
Update on this issue. It crept up on me again while working on the new GU Reporter boards. I didn't have a healthy understanding of the changes in how permissions were handled when SMF moved to 2.0. I do now, and will make an effort to correct this in a manner that will hopefully prevent this happening again.

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 04:10:48 PM »
Noticed how I lost half of my mod abilities for SND recently. I can still go into the topics and lock, merge, or split still, but can't do anything on the main part of the forums.
No clue if I'm suppose to have these abilities or not.

edit: Also, am I suppose to still see the Trash Can section?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 12:49:00 AM by KingOfHumans »

The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  Permission messup (hopefully) solved

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.125 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx