gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483718 Posts in 28335 Topics by 2460 Members - Latest Member: Gary June 26, 2017, 10:28:45 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Fun House  |  Final Fantasy Facts
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Facts  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy Facts
« on: August 07, 2011, 10:00:38 AM »
This is a thread where you post your Final Fantasy facts! Please do not post things like: "Did you know that this FF is the best/worst of all the FFs?" because that is opinion, not fact. And now without further ado:

• Did you know that FF6 is the only FF to give you the Ultima Weapon early?
  • Did you know that Quetzalli, the Phantom Beast, was introduced in FF6 before FF8?
  • Did you know that the spell Ultima was introduced in FF2 first instead of FF6?

Your turn!
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline KingOfHumans

• Inactive
  • Messiah
  • Here today, gone tomorrow
    • View Profile
    • GUKingOfHeart
Re: Final Fantasy Facts
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:04:55 PM »
Did you know that I never played a final fantasy game more then 10 min.
Sorry, only fact I know.

Offline Aliem

• Ț̼͍̩̹̥̞̩̖͝ ̺̰̟͝s̸҉̜̜̘̥̥̤̬͓͔̰͔̩ͅ ̴̡̭̪͍͇̕c̦̀̀͡ͅ&
  • Advisor
  • Messiah
  • Oh hai Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 01:43:07 AM »
final fantasy IV was originally final fantasy V; the original IV was in pre-development for the NES.  Square, at the time, didn't have the  resources to develop two games of that scale simultaneously.

final fantasy IX was originally intended to be a spin-off, not a main series title (kind of like Versus XIII, or Type-0).  That's why it's got so many throwback references.

final fantasy XIII started development on the playstation 2.  Some early screenshots show a cel-shaded engine.

final fantasy VII was to be set in New York City in the year 1999, and was going to be a detective story.  It was also originally intended to be on the SNES.

final fantasy XII was supposed to have two-player elements, and Basch was supposed to be the primary character.

final fantasy III is the only NES title to not be remade on 16-bit hardware (which is unfortunate, since it's my personal favorite of the NES titles)

The original Final Fantasy has been released on over ten platforms.

Final Fantasy XIV is being more or less completely remade, with the 2.0 patch, and the entire original game will be disregarded as nothing more than a prologue to FFXIV 2.0.  This comes as a result of the HORRIBLE reception and subsequent replacement of the entire staff.  Potentially good news, as it might actually give me a reason to play it.  Though, stupidly, NONE of the quests currently available in the game will be accessible when 2.0 launches next year.  It will be more or less a completely new game.

Final Fantasy XIV is the first game in the series completely scored by Nobuo Uematsu since Final Fantasy IX.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 10:23:11 AM »
WOW. Nice, Janus. I didn't know any of that.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Fun House  |  Final Fantasy Facts

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Page created in 0.128 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx