gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483714 Posts in 28336 Topics by 2658 Members - Latest Member: kavender May 22, 2017, 10:16:17 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Fun House  |  The Rules
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Rules  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Phoenix Gamma

• Royalty
    • View Profile
The Rules
« on: February 13, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »
Even though there are hardly any problems here in FH, I wanna post this anyways for new members and junk.

All standard GU rules apply. [http://forums.thegaminguniverse.com/faq.php?faq=gu_faq#faq_gu_faq_rules]

Rule #1: no flaming/trolling- I think this is self explanitory. Think before you post, because somethings can get people PO'ed, and then someone's gonna lash back, and then the staff needs to clean everything up. Then the two never get along, which leads to more arguments, etc. This has happened to me before, so try to play nice, ok?

Rule #2: No spam/pointless threads- A thread about your toe nail looking like Abe Lincoln isn't something we wanna see or know. Maybe if you created a thread for which you could mention this, while still leaving it open for other members to contribute, then I'd let it slide.

Rule #3: No gravedigging- my other pet peeve is gravedigging. Basically, if a thread has not been posted in for 2 months, it's too old, and posting there is considered gravedigging. It's kind of annoying.

Rule #4: Joke threads/riddle threads- This rule is basically an exception to rule #3. You can NOT make a new thread about riddles or jokes, but instead, you must post it in an already existing thread, regardless of how old it is. We used to have 50 riddle and joke threads, and I had to go around merging each one together. It's a real pain, and I'd rather do something else.

Rule: #5: Keeping things somewhat wholesome-  Basically, try to keep things at a PG-13 rating. If you do have something a bit more mature, please put "[mature] your topic title here" as your topic title. But keep in mind that if something gets WAY out of hand (and you know what I mean) then I'm editing your post completely, then locking the thread. Some people in this forum are 12, some are 22. That's a big gap. The younger people need to act mature, while the older people must set a good example for the younger members.

That's really all I ask of you guys. If you got questions, PM me or catch me on AIM or whatever. Maybe your question will lead to me making a new rule.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:51:47 PM by Jon »

Offline youko shi

• Executive
    • View Profile
The Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 10:01:59 PM »
Quote from: Pheonix Gamma
Rule #3: No gravedigging- my other pet peeve is gravedigging. Basically, if a thread has not been posted in for 2 months, it's too old, and posting there is considered gravedigging. It's kind of annoying.
yea, what he said :P lol

EDIT: but in all seriousness, i saw 3 threads of the SAME topic come up within a week of eachother, when there had already been one before that that hadn't been posted in for a while so they all made one -.-, thats kind of annoying; so could u guys please just gravedig (cuz i don't really see the problem with it, in here at least :blah: ) to save me some effort and time.

just wanted to add my 2 cents to the rules of my forum
Stay Crazy<br />

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  General Chit Chat  |  Fun House  |  The Rules

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.11 seconds with 19 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx